Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Capital City Summer Night

A Friday evening outing.




Tidal Basin View of the Washington Monument


I spent some quality time on the tidal basin one Friday after work. The temperature was perfect and the view, well… you be the judge. I sat on my bench under a tree alternately reading, watching the sun set, and taking the occasional photograph for 4 1/2 hours. Just a very nice evening all things considered.

Directly in front of me was the tidal basin and Washington monument, alternatively to my right was a view of the Jefferson Memorial. Very nice indeed. This was one of my first night time outings with the new tripod and I am very pleased with the results. I notice a marked improvement in image quality. Over the course of the evening as the views kept changing I found myself so drawn to waiting for the next change that I never even ate dinner! Very unusual for me.

No comments: