Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little Aerial Photography

Deep blues courtesy of a circular polarizer. If you ever shoot outside in bright daylight this is the must have filter.




Glorious Flier


On a Saturday this spring I spent the day walking the Tidal Basin and National Mall to see the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom and the National Kite Flying Festival. It was a great flying day, lots of steady wind. I was lugging a tripod so no flying for me, next time I will leave the tripod and get myself on the business end of a 200 foot spool! It is true, I was jealous and wanted my own kite to soar above the monuments... What I really need is to rig up a kite with a camera dangling from it!

The Cherry Blossoms were quite good this year and I hit them, with a half million of my closest friends, at their absolute peek. The walk around the Tidal Basin was slow going with so many people but it’s something that just has to be done when you live so close. For me the long day of walking was wrapped up with dinner, a pint, and a Blue Grass band in a tiny tavern in Old Town... of course there was also a cigar for dessert :-)

No comments: